1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8 by 8 baking pan.
2. In mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and stir.
3. In separate mixing bowl, mash bananas. Add eggs and whisk with mashed bananas. Add remaining "wet" ingredients and stir.
4. Pour dry ingredients into wet and stir to combine. Pour mixture into oiled baking pan and sprinkle with additional fruit, nuts, seeds, coconut as desired
5. Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with additional maple syrup and/or yogurt on the side.
This easy recipe is a great way to use up odds and end that you've got kicking around. Overripe bananas? throw 'em in. Extra-dry dried fruit, yup, the moisture and heat will do wonders. Assorted nuts or coconut - you'll savor the crunch. Leftovers for later in the week are great too - reheat covered in the oven or in the microwave for a a minute or less. Store in the refrigerator for a few days.