- 2 ears corn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Grill corn in the husks, or roast in the oven. Cool slightly and cut kernels from cob.
- In a heavy 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onions. Reduce heat to low and cook until onions are translucent.
- Stir in water and milk and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly stir in cornmeal, whisking thoroughly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking and burning. Season with salt and pepper; simmer 15 minutes more.
- When cornmeal is tender, stir in corn, sage and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a large bowl to serve.
Recipe adapted from All Recipes