- 2 lb tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbl extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbl brown sugar
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 small eggplants, cubed
- 1/3 cup toasted almond slices
- 2 tbl capers
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 bunch chives, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, brown sugar, and a few pinches of sea salt. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
2. Toss the eggplants with another pinch of salt and 1 tbsp olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes or until tomatoes shrink a bit and start to caramelize and eggplant is cooked.
3. When ready to serve, toss the tomatoes (and juices from the pan) and eggplants together in a large bowl. Add in the almond slices, capers, fresh mozzarella, lettuce leaves, and chives. Toss to combine.
Adapted from 101 Cookbooks and Eats Well with Others