1. Peel and cube butternut squash. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper on baking sheet. Roast at 400°F for 20-25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in medium pot, heat up 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring regularly. Add garlic and sauté for another minute, stirring often to make sure garlic does not burn.
3. Puree or blend squash cubes with onion and garlic for 20-30 seconds, until mixture becomes smooth and creamy.
4. Place puree back in pot with white wine, vegetable stock, sage, and freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. Let butternut sauce simmer on the stove for 15 minutes or so, to let it thicken up.
5. Toss pasta with butternut squash sauce and top with fresh Parmesan cheese, a bit of arugula or thinly cut sage if you'd like.