- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup niçoise olives, pitted
- 1 lb sunchokes, scrubbed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- salt & black pepper
- 10 oz fresh fettuccine
- leaves from 3 branches fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 1 lemon for garnish
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet. Add shallots and garlic and sauté on medium until they are soft but not brown. Add remaining oil, olives and sunchokes and sauté, stirring, 5 minutes. Season with salt. Cover pan and cook about 15 minutes more, stirring once or twice, until sunchokes are tender.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, about 4 minutes. Remove 1 cup pasta water. Drain pasta.
3. Add 1/2 cup pasta water, the rosemary and thyme to the skillet. Stir. Add drained pasta to skillet and using tongs or a large spoon, fold all the ingredients together. Add additional pasta water if needed to keep mixture moist. Add parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with cheese and garnish with lemon.
Tested and Approved by Boston Organics (Chris McIntosh)