Image credit to: Boston Organics
1. Set the broiler. Butter a large baking dish, reserve.
2. Cook pasta in boiling salty water for 7 minutes and drain. Reserve some of the cooking water.
Cook Swiss Chard
3. Remove the thick ribs from the leaves of the Swiss chard. Slice the leaves into strips. Finely dice the ribs of the chard. You will be using all of the leaves and ½ cup of the diced ribs.
4. Place a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Next, add onions and the ribs from the Swiss chard and cook on medium until translucent, 8 minutes. Then add the garlic clove and chard leaves. Cook until the garlic is fragrant and the leaves are wilted, 5 minutes. If things look a little dry in the pan add some of the pasta water and stir to combine. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
Combine Pasta, Chard, and Cheese. Then broil!
5. Remove the veggies from the pan and set aside on a plate. In the same pan add the butter and cook on low until melted. Next, add the half and half, mascarpone and cheddar cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until melted and warm. Add the Swiss chard mixture, cooked pasta and about a half cup of pasta water. Taste for seasoning.
6. Pour the pasta mixture into the buttered baking dish. Mix the panko breadcrumbs with the olive oil and sprinkle over the top. Broil for five minutes or until toasted to a light brown and serve.