Image credit to: Boston Organics
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds. Sprinkle with salt and place in colander in sink to drain excess liquid. After 10 minutes, lightly rinse and pat dry between two clean towels.
2. Arrange on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 5-10 minutes, turning once or twice, until the eggplant is softened and golden brown. Remove from pan, stack and wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture, about 5 minutes. Once cool remove skins and coarsley chop flesh. Place flesh in fine-mesh sieve and allow excess liquid to drain off.
3. Alternatively, grill whole eggplant over a gas or charcoal grill, rotating it around until the skin is completely charred and eggplant looks deflated, about 10 minutes each side, 40 mintes total. Let the eggplant cool. Peel off as much of the skin as possible and coarsly chop flesh. Place flesh in fine-mesh sieve and allow excess liquid to drain off.
4. On a cutting board, work garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt together with the flat side of a knife, until it forms a paste. Add the garlic-salt mixture to the eggplant. Stir in the parsley,tomato, green pepper, 3/4 of sliced scallions and pemgranate molasses. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Place in serving bowl.
5. In small bowl whisk tahini and lemon juice (add water for drizzling consistency). Drizzle over eggplant mixture. Garnish with more pomemgranate molasses, scallions and parsley. Serve with pita and/or evegtable sticks.