Image credit to: Joshua Graveline for Boston Organics
1. For crust. In food processor, pulse flour and salt. Add cold butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Drizzle in 3 Tbsp ice water and pulse again until dough holds together when squeezed between two fingers. If dough is too dry or crumbly add another 1-2 Tbsp ice water. Do not over mix. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface and form it into 1-inch thick disk. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or even overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. On lightly floured surface roll out dough into approximately 12-inch round. Place dough in lightly oiled 9-inch pie plate. Place sheet of parchment paper over dough and cover with pie weights or dried beans. Pre-bake pie crust until edges are lightly golden, about 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in large cast iron skillet over medium heat cook chorizo, about 5-7 minutes. With slotted spoon remove meat to paper towel lined plate and set aside.
4. Add a touch of butter or oil to pan (if it's too dry) add onion, salt and thyme and cook over medium-high heat until softened and lightly browned. Add green garlic and turnips. Cook until veggies are softened and fragrant about 5 minutes. Add cooked chorizo back to the pan along with the chopped greens and cook a few minutes longer until the greens wilt a bit and the mixture is well combined. Remove from heat and scoop the filling into the prepared pie crust.
5. In medium size bowl whisk together eggs and cream with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over meat/veggie mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with parsley. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice and serve.