1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, combine 2 and 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a separate large bowl, add together the softened butter and sugar and mix, using mixer, on high setting for about 3 minutes until even consistency is reached. Add 3 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the butter-sugar mixture and continue beating until well-incorporated and light in color.
3. With your mixer on low speed, add 1/3 of flour mixture to butter-sugar mixture, beating just a little until all is well combined. Continue to add dry to wet mixture, and beat just enough to combine. Using spatula, fold in cranberries, chopped apple, and chopped pecans into the cake batter.
4. Grease a 9 inch bundt pan. Pour batter gently into prepared bundt pan. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven, and put the bundt pan on top. Bake at 350 F for about 1 hour, until toothpick comes out clear. Remove the pan from the oven, let it cool for 40 minutes on wire rack.
5. Place the bundt pan in the freezer for 20 minutes - it will still be quite hot to the touch (even after 40 minutes of cooling), so use kitchen gloves to handle the pan. This will help cool the cake which will make it easier to remove from the pan.
6. Remove from freezer, gently remove the cake from the pan. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or top with frosting before serving.