- 2 Tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh lemongrass
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered (12 oz.) or cabbage, slivered
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 7 minutes, or until browned. Stir in lemongrass, garlic, and ginger, and sauté 2 minutes.
Add rutabaga, soy sauce, and 5 cups water. Cover, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes, or until rutabaga is tender.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté Brussels sprouts 5 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Add bell pepper, and sauté 3 minutes more, or until soft. Stir Brussels sprouts, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice into soup.
Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
Adapted from Vegetarian Times