- 3 tbl/40 g tahini paste
- 2/3 cup/130 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tbl lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed salt
- 3 tbl/60 g honey
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1 tbl coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- 3 thyme sprigs
- salt and black pepper
- 12 large carrots, peeled and each cut crosswise into two 2 1/2-inch/6-cm batons (3 lbs/1.3 kg)
- 1 1/2 tbl cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place all the ingredients for the tahini sauce in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Place the honey, oil, coriander and cumin seeds, and thyme in a large bowl with 1 teaspoon salt and a good grind of black pepper. Add the carrots and mix well until coated, then spread them out on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, stirring gently once or twice, until cooked through and glazed.
3. Roast two cloves of garlic in a separate pan alongside the carrots. Once tender, mash with a fork and fold into the yogurt sauce.
4. Transfer the carrots to a large serving platter or individual plates. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a spoonful of sauce on top, scattered with the cilantro.
Adapted from Epicurious